SAVE THE DATE! — 2016 NNPA ANNUAL CONVENTION
JUNE 21-25, 2016
Omni Houston Hotel, 4 Riverway
The deadline date for receiving NNPA discounted room rates extended to May 25, 2016.
For more details, contact Claudette Perry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The National Newspaper Publishers Association (NNPA) is looking forward to seeing you at the 2016 Annual Convention in Houston, June 21-25, highlighting:
- The Prayer Breakfast (with gospel singer Kathy Taylor and honoree Ambassador Bobby Jones)
- The huge Houston Welcome Reception at the Buffalo Soldiers Museum (entertainment by Zydeco Artist, Keith Frank and other surprises)
- The informative morning and afternoon training sessions “Using Technology to Improve Your Business” (back by popular demand from mid-winter conference)
- A discussion on “Decriminalizing the Black Community” (panelists Former Congressman Kendrick Meek, Chief John I. Dixon, Major Neil Franklin and Art Way)
- Fabulous exhibits, luncheon sessions, the Merit Awards Dinner, the Legacy Awards Black Tie Gala, and Special Guests.
- More updates to come, but without delay, register for the convention today and book your hotel room.
After all of that, how about a pool party at this beautiful poolside?
Make your hotel reservations today while the NNPA group rate of $159 is still available. Deadline for receiving this rate is May 15th!
CONFERENCE REGISTRATION FEES INCLUDE COST OF MEAL FUNCTIONS. ADDITIONAL MEAL TICKETS CAN BE PURCHASED. REGISTRATION FEE INCREASES JUNE 11-25.George W. Bush Intercontinental Airport (27 miles to hotel) or William P. Hobby Airport (17 miles)
The Omni Hotel is located at 4 Riverway, Houston, TX. Hotel does not have an airport shuttle service.
SEE DRAFT SCHEDULE BELOW. MORE DETAILS WILL BE PROVIDED SOON!
|Tuesday, June 21|
|10:00am – 3:00pm||Journalism Careers Workshops: Technology and Entreprenurship
Opportunities, Texas Southern University -3011 Cleburne, Houston, TX
|Wednesday, June 22|
|11:30pm – 12:30pm||Joint Board Luncheon|
|12:45pm – 2:00pm||Foundation Board Meeting|
|2:30pm – 5:30pm||Association Board Meeting|
|7:00pm – 10:00pm||Chairman’s Welcome Reception
Buffalo Soldiers Museum – 3816 Caroline Street, Houston, TX
Bus Transport from Hotel to Event and Return
|Thursday, June 23|
|8:30am – 10:30am||Prayer Breakfast: Proclaiming the Good News
HONOREE Dr. Bobby Jones; Performance By Kathy Taylor
|10:45am – 12:00pm||Morning Training Session|
|12:15pm – 1:45pm||Luncheon Session – Hosted by Ford Motor Company|
|2:00pm – 3:30pm||Afternoon Training Session|
|6:00pm – 9:30pm||Cocktails – NNPA Foundation Merit Awards Dinner|
|Friday, June 24|
|8:30am – 9:45am||Breakfast Session – Health Focus|
|10:00am – 12:00pm||Panel Discussion, Criminal Justice Reform – Hosted by RAI Services Company|
|12:15pm – 1:45pm||Luncheon Session|
|2:00pm – 3:30pm||Regional Elections|
|3:30pm – 5:00pm||Publishers General Meeting|
|6:00pm – 9:30pm||Cocktails – Legacy Awards Gala Dinner – Black Tie|
|Saturday, June 25|
|9:00am – 10:30am||Breakfast Session|
|10:30am – 2:00pm||Pool Party at the Omni Hotel|
|2:00pm||2016 Annual Convention Adjourns|